NuClayer Systems - Hamon 1800 16 oz
Creating hamons is a combination of steel, time and temperature. These three, carefully controlled, can create a hamon without any clay. The clay is a way to have a little more say in how the hamon looks-a little. A clay’s only jobs are-be easy to apply, stick to and stay on the blade and insulate it. This product does all of those things well.
An aid to creating hamons in suitable steels.
This is not magic pixie dust- or maybe magic pixie slurry is a better term.
1. Blade must be squeaky clean. I scrub them with thinned Noscale-wipe off with a paper towel.
2. Make sure you have full coverage on stainless. Even small pin holes will create pits.
3. Do not-I repeat-Do not contaminate the NoScale 2000 with the Hamon 1800. Will eat your stainless.
4. Looks to have an unlimited shelf life. Try not to let it dry out. But if it does, simply add water and let it soak. Overnight is best, but I know how we all work.
5. Thin or reconstitute with non-chlorinated water. Does not have to be distilled but no chlorine.
We Also Recommend
Ameribrade - Kamimura Trident 2x48 Belt Grinder (Shipping included)
Vintage Tactical Tan, OD Green and Black Canvas Micarta - Set of Scales